B.F. Day Daily Bell Schedule & Important Info
School Hours: 7:55 a.m. – 2:25 p.m.
Wednesdays: 7:55 a.m. – 1:10 p.m.
Lunch times are for the school year. All students will eat inside the cafeteria.
|Kindergarten||10:25-10:45 a.m.||10:45-11:05 a.m.|
|First Grade||10:45-11:05 a.m.||10:25-10:45 a.m.|
|All Grades||N/A||5 Minute Break|
|Second Grade||11:10-11:30 a.m.||11:30-11:50 a.m.|
|Third Grade||11:30-11:50 a.m.||11:10-11:30 a.m.|
|Fourth Grade||11:50-12:10 p.m.||12:10-12:30 p.m.|
|Fifth Grade||12:10-12:30 p.m.||11:50-12:10 p.m.|
Student Safety at Pickup
As we know, our school was not built for car traffic. All our drop off and pickup occurs on our playgrounds. Our playground spaces are very busy during the school day! Shortly after 8:00 a.m., our preschool classrooms have the first recess of the day. At that time, they lock the Fremont Ave. gates for the duration of the school day. The final recess of the day concludes just before our dismissal bell. On Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays our preschoolers have the last recess of the day and will unlock the Fremont Ave gates for parent pickup at the conclusion of their recess.
On Wednesdays, our kindergarteners and second graders are at afternoon recess until 1:05 p.m. This recess concludes five minutes before our dismissal bell. On Wednesdays, a school staff member will unlock the gates for parent pickup when the kindergarteners and second graders are in line at the conclusion of their recess.
Our number one priority is always student safety. The Fremont Ave and Linden Ave N (steps) gates are locked during the school day. These are the gates with direct street access. There are two other gates kept open for fire exits and coming in/out of the playground.
It takes all of us working together to ensure that our students remain safe. We kindly ask parents to:
1. Wrap up playground drop off by 8:00 a.m. so that our gates can be locked for the school day. If your child arrives late to campus, please ring the buzzer at the north doors and check them in at the front office.
2. Remain outside of the playground gates until 5 minutes before dismissal. On Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday parents may enter for pickup at 2:20 p.m. On Wednesday, parents may enter for pickup at 1:05 p.m. after our students have lined up at the conclusion of recess.
3. Kindergarten and first grade parents, please wait on the sports courts by the lower playground to pick up your child. Please don’t wait in the walkway space near the railings. Our goal is to move all classroom lines to the sports courts before teachers begin the individual checkout process.
Playground Hours & Perimeter Gates
Students are permitted to play on the playgrounds from 7:35 a.m. – 7:50 a.m. Kindergarten and first graders are permitted to play on the lower playground. Grades 2-5 are permitted to play on the upper playground. During morning drop off, students may not play outside of their grade level assigned playground. The reason for this is student safety. Thank you for your help in reminding your child where they may play in the morning. They may play on the playground, line up in their classroom area, or get breakfast in the cafeteria. Instruction begins at 7:55. Please support your child’s classroom and limit interruptions by arriving at campus on time. Thank you.
The first bell rings at 7:50 a.m. This is when classrooms will begin moving inside for instruction. Instruction begins at 7:55 a.m. The tardy bell rings at 7:55 a.m. At about 8:00 a.m., we will lock the perimeter gates with street access (Linden Ave N. and Fremont Ave.)
Personal Electronic Devices on Campus
Please have your child(ren) keep their powered down smart devices in their backpacks during the school day. This is especially important during testing season. Thank you!
Personal technology device considerations for smart phones, smart watches, step counters, etc.:
- Students bring devices to school at their own risk.
- Devices that are capable of calling, taking photos, texting, and playing games/music (phones and smart watches) are not permitted to be used on school grounds during supervised before school line up from 7:35-7:50 a.m., and during school hours from 7:55 a.m. to 2:25 p.m.
- Once students step onto school property during the above times, devices must be turned off and kept in their backpacks.
- Staff will store devices in the office if students use them during the school day on school property, and the student is responsible to retrieve them at the end of the day.
- If students need to contact parents, they must first check in with their teacher and may be permitted to go to the office to contact their family for emergency purposes only or forgotten items from home.
- Fitbits/pedometers are approved as long as they don’t have calling, texting, etc. capabilities.
- Devices that are capable of calling, taking photos, texting, and playing games/music (phones and smart watches) may be permitted if included in an Individualized Education Plan (IEP).
As of May 19, 2023