B.F. Day Daily Bell Schedule & Important Info
School Hours: 7:55 a.m. – 2:25 p.m.
Wednesdays: 7:55 a.m. – 1:10 p.m.
Lunch times are for the school year. All students will eat inside the cafeteria.
|Grade Level||Eating Time||Playing Time|
|Kindergarten||10:25-10:45 a.m.||10:45-11:05 a.m.|
|First Grade||10:45-11:05 a.m.||10:25-10:45 a.m.|
|Second Grade||10:45-11:05 a.m.||10:25-10:45 a.m.|
|Third Grade||11:10-11:30 a.m.||11:30-11:50 a.m.|
|Fourth Grade||11:10-11:30 a.m.||11:30-11:50 a.m.|
|Fifth Grade||11:30-11:50 a.m.||11:10-11:30 a.m.|
Playground Hours & Perimeter Gates
Students are permitted to play on the playgrounds from 7:35 a.m. – 7:50 a.m. Kindergarten and first graders are permitted to play on the lower playground. Grades 2-5 are permitted to play on the upper playground. During morning drop off, students may not play outside of their grade level assigned playground. The reason for this is student safety. Thank you for your help in reminding your child where they may play in the morning. They may play on the playground, line up in their classroom area, or get breakfast in the cafeteria. Instruction begins at 7:55. Please support your child’s classroom and limit interruptions by arriving at campus on time. Thank you.
The first bell rings at 7:50 a.m. This is when classrooms will begin moving inside for instruction. Instruction begins at 7:55 a.m. The tardy bell rings at 7:55 a.m. At about 8:00 a.m., we will lock the perimeter gates with street access (Linden Ave N. and Fremont Ave.)
Personal Electronic Devices on Campus
Please have your child(ren) keep their powered down smart devices in their backpacks during the school day. This is especially important during testing season. Thank you!
Personal technology device considerations for smart phones, smart watches, step counters, etc.:
- Students bring devices to school at their own risk.
- Devices that are capable of calling, taking photos, texting, and playing games/music (phones and smart watches) are not permitted to be used on school grounds during supervised before school line up from 7:35-7:50 a.m., and during school hours from 7:55 a.m. to 2:25 p.m.
- Once students step onto school property during the above times, devices must be turned off and kept in their backpacks.
- Staff will store devices in the office if students use them during the school day on school property, and the student is responsible to retrieve them at the end of the day.
- If students need to contact parents, they must first check in with their teacher and may be permitted to go to the office to contact their family for emergency purposes only or forgotten items from home.
- Fitbits/pedometers are approved as long as they don’t have calling, texting, etc. capabilities.
- Devices that are capable of calling, taking photos, texting, and playing games/music (phones and smart watches) may be permitted if included in an Individualized Education Plan (IEP).
As of May 19, 2023