Attendance Contact Information
Attendance Phone: 206-252-6014
We will be taking a more proactive stance when it comes to attendance next year. One problematic area concerns late arrivals. Students are expected to be in class at 7:55 . Breakfast begins at 7:35. Students who come in right at 7:55 and want breakfast are then going to be considered late.
Here are the specific steps we will be taking:
- Conduct home visits/phone calls with families who were chronically absent the previous year. These efforts will take place in August.
- Follow a consistent protocol for each late or absence incident:
- 1st Unexcused Late (UL) or Unexcused absence (UA): Office will call parent with concern, state what is best for your child, reiterating guidelines from Attendance Works. Ask how we can help your child get to school on time or to be here whenever they are not ill.
- 2nd UL or UA: Principal calls parent the day of late or day of absence with the same concern as above. Reiterates what is best for your child and how disruptive it is for the teacher and the students when kids come in late. How they miss important information.
- 3rd UL or UA: In school meeting with principal/Counselor OR home visit. School staff reiterates concerns above and the team looks for solutions.
- 4th UL or UA: Parent(s) is asked to come to school to discuss and sign an attendance agreement.