Attendance Polices 22-23
Oct 2022: We’ve gotten through our first whole month of school! Now that we’ve all had a chance to settle into the rhythm of the school year, we are going to be enforcing our attendance policies.
Our vision for students is that they are present and punctual at school in order to receive the best learning opportunities we can give them. When students are late or absent, they miss a lot of development and interaction with their peers.
When students are late, it is harder for them to focus on the school day, it disrupts their peers who were on time, and it sets them apart because they then have to catch up on what they’ve missed.
Because we take this seriously and want to support you in getting your students to school and on time, we’re implementing the following framework:
- For every unexcused absence, the office will call parents to inquire about your student.
- When your student has accrued 3 unexcused absences or tardies, we will call to inform you of their absence and tardy counts.
- When your student has accrued 4 unexcused absences or tardies, we will send a letter mandated by SPS home.
- Upon the accrual of 6 unexcused absences or tardies, Dr. Zisko or Dr. Morisco will call to discuss our concerns for your student’s attendance.
- Upon the accrual of 8 unexcused absences or tardies, we will call to schedule a meeting with you and a success team for your student.
We appreciate your cooperation in our mission to support your student’s education and success.