B. F. Day Homework Policy
Kindergarten to 3rd Grade Students
In lieu of formal homework, teachers ask that Kindergarten to 3rd grade students:
- read 20-30 minutes each evening
- spend time with their families
- engage in learning in self-directed ways
Teachers may offer optional enrichment projects.
4th and 5th Grade Students
In 4th and 5th grade, teachers ask students to:
- Read for 30 minutes per night, sometimes with written reflection.
- Complete weekly writing conventions homework.
- Complete a math packet per week. Students receive math packets on Monday and return them on Friday. Math packets are a review of work learned the previous week.
- Self-assess expository writing in science and share expository writing with a trusted adult at home on a weekly basis.